Since I am getting excited about the new 2014-2015 Annual Catalog coming out June 1 (and May 1st for demonstrators), I started digging through my old DSP packs and decided to put them to a different use. I have always thought my light switch plates in my bathroom were a little plain, but never got around to doing anything about it. When I saw this beautiful blue and white DSP from 2007 (the year I first discovered Stampin' Up!) which matched my bathroom, I decided to try covering my light switch plates.
First, I took the light switch plate off and traced it on the back of the DSP I wanted to use. Second, I used a cutting blade with a cutting mat underneath to cut the shape out of the DSP. Third, I used Mod Podge to cover both the back of the DSP and the front of the plate. Then, I pressed the DSP down on the plate and wrapped the DSP around the edges and put another thick layer of Mod Podge on it; I have also seen some people who do not try to wrap it, but instead paint the edges. After letting it dry for about 10 minutes, I put on another layer of Mod Podge and repeated about 4 times. Finally, it was ready to mount on the wall!