- Step 1: Apply ink in circular patterns over an entire piece of 4 x 5.25" white cardstock. We used about three colors per card and applied in three ways: daubers, sponges, and pigment sprinkles.
- Step 2: Once the ink is dry, use an embossing buddy to run over the cardstock to reduce static.
- Step 3: Stamp an outlined (not solid) image in versamark. For the background stamps, make sure to use a Stamparatus.
- Step 4: Spread clear embossing powder over the versamark and heat with a heat tool.
- Step 5: Apply black or a dark ink over the negative space and the clear embossing will resist to pop the color. I took the ink pad directly to the paper, which is faster than applying with a dauber, sponge, or brayer.
- Step 6: Use a tissue or wipe to wipe off the ink from the clear embossing.
We used the Butterfly Brilliance background stamp with Pacific Point, Melon Mambo and Mango Melody ink applied using daubers. Then black ink applied on top. The card base is Basic Black with a Pacific Point mat. The sentiment is from Many Messages, which is perfect for not distracting from the fun background.
This card we used the retired Gather Together stamp. Instead of using ink for the base layer, we used the retired Pigment Sprinkles, using a spritzer filled with water. If you are using water, don't forget to use Shimmery White instead of regular cardstock! Then, I used Early Espresso to apply on top and a sentiment from the stamp set.